The Clark Fire Department continuously accepts applications for the position of volunteer firefighter. We are now able to accept applications from out of town residents. Those out of town residents who currently hold a Firefighter I & II certification must reside within 2 miles of the municipal boundary. We will accept applications from out of town residents who do not currently hold a Firefighter I & II certification, but you must reside within 1 mile of the municipal boundary and formal training will be provided. Be advised that Clark Township residents will receive preference for available positions when applications are received.
Volunteer Firefighting is not what you do but who you become. It is one of the most rewarding experiences you will ever have. The knowledge, skills and abilities you will receive as a volunteer firefighter are invaluable. Volunteering is one of the best ways to make a personal difference within the community, while having a personal positive impact on the lives of those around you. Our community relies on our commitment to service to keep each other safe.
· Knowing that you are making a difference within the community serving your family, friends, and neighbors.
· Acquiring new knowledge, skills and abilities that would further life goals and possibly lead to a career change.
· Work as a cohesive unit and part of a team which builds camaraderie along with lifelong friendships.
· Receive college credits for basic and specialized training.
· State Certified Fire Fighter I & II at a NJ State Certified Academy
· Driver and operational training on all pieces of firefighting apparatus to include Engines, Truck and specialty vehicles.
· Water Rescue and Ice Rescue operations
· Professional rescuer CPR / AED certification along with basic first aid.
· Additional specialty training opportunities given at county fire academies to enhance the knowledge of firefighters along with being able to receive a national EMT certification.